Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Rollerskating: the best $5 I've spent in a long time

A group of Moms from our new ward went to Oaks Park for their kids open skate.
It was the best $5 I've spent in a long time. 2 hours of entertainment, and who doesn't love a rollerskating rink? So many preteen memories...just the smell of that place is nostalgic.
Nanners first refused to wear the skates. Kicking, screaming-the whole bit.
And then I won the battle of wills.
Because if she's going to have any joy in life she has to at least try these things!
So after many "You can't do the class unless you have your skates on."
"And look how fun that looks!"
She was stretching and copying the instructor in no time.
And her reward for giving it a try:
Getting to hug a man in a chipmunk costume.
She followed him all over.
And milk and cookies!
Seriously, did I mention this was so worth the $5?
Rollerderby, here she comes...never!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.