However this will most likely be more of a challenge for my, although improving, sarcastic vernacular.
I love this quote from Gordon B. Hinckley,
"Everywhere is heard the snide remark, the sarcastic gibe, the cutting down of associates. Sadly, these are too often the essence of our conversation. In our homes, wives weep and children finally give up under the barrage of criticism leveled by husbands and fathers. Criticism is the forerunner of divorce, the cultivator of rebellion, sometimes a catalyst that leads to failure...
I want my home and my presence to be better than just "everywhere." I want people to leave with elevated thoughts after associating with me.
Sarcasm is however part of our common language. It is often how we relate to one another.
What place does sarcasm have in our lives, if any?
1 comment:
Did you know that the word 'sarcasm' comes from the Latin phrase 'tearing of flesh?' That alone helps me to stop using it so much!
Love ya Amber.
Post a Comment