I had great intentions of posting this last week during AmeriCorps week.I guess we'll just call it AmeriCorps month.
FYI: AmeriCorps is essentially the domestic PeaceCorps.
Most large cities have and need more members.
My year in AmeriCorps taught me so much about myself and what motivates me.
I also learned a lot about bureaucracy and how things get done (and don't) on a community level.
It also paid my way through a year of college.
It sure beat my previous semesters as a plasma whore.
To learn more about AmeriCorps opportunities go here.
2 comments:
You were in AmeriCorps and you didn't tell your bff (namely me)? I feel like I don't even know you anymore.
Hilarious. Plasma whore.
And it pleases me to know you served in AmeriCorps. I thought about that for a while. Even applied for a job but never sent in the resume. You're a better person than I am.
Post a Comment