Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Playlist

Let me recount an experience we had one night while making dinner...
A=Ambam
P=Pants








A: I have a favor to ask of you? (while slaving over a hot stove)
P: What is that?
A: I want you to make a play list for dinner tonight.
P: O.K. I can do that.
A: No pressure, but this play list should be a representation of our life. (and I meant it)
P: Challenge accepted. [The Pants then diligently searches Youtube for the most prolific, life-fitting songs he can find to offer up to Goddess Ambam.]
*side note: If you are going to give The Pants a musical challenge, remember that he takes his music very seriously and it will require all his energy and focus to accomplish said challenge.
---15 minutes later---
[A music video begins to play on our t.v.--The Pants has a magical cord that makes this all happen]
The song No Rain by Blind Melon plays.
P: O.K. that's all I've got. You pick next.
[I instantly knew what song I wanted to play, so I typed "TLC Waterfalls" into Youtube. We both sang the chorus: "Don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you used to," and there I was in my mind, sitting in my sixth grade class again]
A: O.K. Me again. [I typed "Mr. Bombastic" and belted it out like I was secretly watching MTV for the first time while my parents weren't home]
We took turns back and forth, and by the end of this little exercise we had a very nice sampling of songs. Too bad you all weren't here, we could have had a killer dance party.
Take a look at the highlights (all linked to their video for the purpose of reminiscing):
Mo' Money Mo' Problems
California Love
Feel So Good
Regulate
Gangsta's Paradise

I would also liked to have added the Spice Girls, Nsync, Hanson and a few others to the list, but alas dinner didn't last that long.
Had I wanted to annoy The Pants I would have played Taylor Swift's "Love Story," but I spared him the pain.
Looking back on our playlist, it's apparent that our life is a cheesy 90's rap song.
Good to know.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

This is hilarious. Some people just doesn't understand or appreciate the genius of TLC, Coolio, or Shaggy, and all the rest of those incredibly talented 90's artists. Thanks for flooding my mind with memories I forgot I had.