Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Newlyweds No More

We celebrated our first anniversary as a married couple on Monday! Can you believe it has been a year? Mike got the day off and we decided to go up to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood. Of course, it happened to be the day the skies decided to pour out summer rains (It was 100 degrees the day before). The fog was crazy too. As we inched our way up the mountain, Mike kept saying, "I wish our car had a giant fan on it" to blow all the fog away. After we made it to the lodge, we had a great time doing nothing. We went on a hike, went to the sauna, ate dinner and played a heated game of Life-fitting, huh? We just had a great time with no agenda. I am so grateful for a happy marriage and a husband that is willing to stick with me until the end!



Here we are in front of the Lodge. Thrilling, I know.


The necklace that Mike gave to me. It's so cool!
(Yes, I did pose this cheesy photo)


Mike throwing a snowball like he's shooting a free-throw.

I made anniversary cakey (apparently in Japan a white cake with frosting and strawberries is a must have for all celebrations-and they call it cakey.) Behind it is our game of life. Mike won, but I don't like the premise of winning life by having the most money-it's just not right!

One year down, forever to go...

3 comments:

Becca said...

you guys look so happy and cute! Happy Anniversary! We got married on Aug 19th- it's a good time of year to get married. :)

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary! I love that necklace...

tom and cathy said...

You guys are so cute!!