Monday, February 18, 2013

Getting Sappy

I'm not very sentimental or sappy, but yesterday I couldn't help myself.
Nanners and I read a stack of books together and laid on the couch and "watched the sun" out our windows.
All day I had a real sense that I will never get this time in my life back.
The time that I was just Eliza's mom. As I plan to assume my new title of Lewis and Eliza's mom, I want her to know that I have cherished this time. And I can't stop crying and crying as I think that she probably won't remember any of it (pregnancy hormones don't help this situation!).
I am so excited for this new phase but I am again mourning the loss of a time in my life that brought some of the lowest lows and by far the highest highs I've experienced. Motherhood never ceases to surprise and refine me. Just when I think I've figured it out I am reminded that I have no clue! I'm so glad Nanners is constantly patient with me and tells me "You're my favorite friend," and "I'll love you forever." I sure hope she does, because I will try to remember this fleeting 2 1/2 years forever.



And on to the next phase...Baby Lewis, please come soon. I'm ready to meet you and be done with pregnancy! Nanners apparently thinks this process is rather swift and easy--yesterday she yelled from the other room (after seeing me a minute before), "Is the baby here? Did you have him?" Oh, if only it were that easy!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Amber you're such a cute mom! I feel that way all the time, and I remember feeling that right before Naomi was born! I wish we could go back and forth in time whenever we wanted!!

Steve Kolb said...

now you're making me all sentimental! love the name Lewis btw you've always had great taste.