It is a literal thumbnail view of beautiful food.
With pictures so good you can practically taste each dish.
I have found myself looking at those inspiring pictures a lot recently
and getting to work in my little kitchen.
There is nothing I hate more than going to WINCO to grocery shop.
In fact, just thinking about it produces the same visceral reaction I believe the Pants experiences when I turn on The Bachelor. At least it looks the same in my mind.
But when armed with images of the delicious things I will create because of my shopping trip I am inspired to push harder past the woman screaming at her child,
wrangle my bananas out from under the ten employees stocking produce
during the most high-traffic hour of the day,
and hike the mile back to the bulk foods section because
I forgot to get gluten flour the first time I passed it.
And in case you're wondering when the most high traffic hour of the day is, it is
every hour between 8 am and 10 pm.
Recently desserts are inspiring me. Who am I kidding? Recently, Ha!
I found both of these (when on a free carbs day) The Pants asked, "What shall we have for dessert?"
And rather than go to Chevron and get a Caramelo and Peanut Butter M&M's, we looked for the best looking dessert that enticed our palate*.
Here's what we came up with:

Blackberry Mascarpone Shortcake
Recipe here.
I confess that we had this twice within a weekend. Complete Gluttony, I know.
I didn't even feel bad about it though--there are berries in it for heaven's sake.
Vanilla Bean Ricotta Tart
This was so good The Pants has requested I make this for his birthday. I will defer to the picture from whence it came--next time I will butter that tart pan more liberally to prevent the crust from sticking. And my only deviation from the recipe was to use full-fat cream cheese, making it oh-so rich. *If you are in the Portland area--the cheapest Vanilla Bean I found was at Penzey's Spices (almost half the price of anywhere else).
This week I'll try my hand at entree recipes using meat other than Chicken--because I so often get stuck in that rut. I'm using this blog as my inspiration.
Happy Tastespotting and Blogtasting!
*Post edit: I hate when I spell words incorrectly. Such as palate-originally I had it spelled palette as in a painter's palette. Me eating a wooden/plastic disk covered in paint was not the image I was trying to convey.
4 comments:
Oh the irony. I was just making a grocery list for Winco and took a break to look at a few blogs. I hate it too. Oh wait, I hate grocery shopping in general.
haha oh winco! that dessert looks amazing, nice work!
YUM! That looks so good. I'll be blogtasting for sure. Too bad we're not closer so we could eat it AND watch the Bachelor!
miss you guys!
sorry that was me, Jess :)
Post a Comment