We have been spoiled with so many cool gifts for our baby.
And because I am a total fan of the handmade movement,
I'm digging all the items we have received from our very
talented friends and family. There's just something extra
special about a gift that was made by someone you know
and love. Take a look at what I mean:
I'm digging all the items we have received from our very
talented friends and family. There's just something extra
special about a gift that was made by someone you know
and love. Take a look at what I mean:
I about died when I saw this hat and booties made by our lovely friend and neighbor Sarah.
We may just have to commission a few other hats of different animal varieties. The Pants and I love the idea of dressing our baby as a new animal every day--mostly because we can!
These books came from my friend and supermom, Skye. Seriously...she just had twins! They are great for little babies because they are chew-proof, rip-proof and washable. And did I mention that her Mom did all of the illustrations?
Aunt Chrissy made this ridiculously adorable mobile for little Eliza. She'll be learning about nature in her spare time between naps. She really is an Oregonian!
My super crafty friend, Lyndsey, surprised me with this name pennant. I can't get enough of it! It's so bright and cheery and it makes me happy every time I see it.
Once while at the Alberta Artwalk last summer I fell in love with a bunny necklace (and everything else made by the uber talented Irina Schaeffer of Peapod Treasures). So I tucked her card in my pocket and hoped that I would one day buy that necklace and that I'd have a baby shower for her to sell all of her recrafted vintage jewelry. Well, that day came! And this is the very fitting gift she gave me. I consider them my badge of honor--to be saved for the ride home from the hospital.
Oh, and I got that bunny necklace too!

2 comments:
i love that you love them.
That bunny, in Eliza's crib, I do remember so vividly... Beating me so many years ago!
Post a Comment