Weddingpalooza officially ended one week ago.
My youngest sister, Rachael, got married in Manti, Utah on August 14th.
It was a whirlwind of family, friends, parties, and mostly hard work.
photo from http://www.photographybymckenzie.com/
Our three days in Utah consisted of:
*Making 2 trips to Cafe Rio (3 for The Pants) to eat this salad
It was a whirlwind of family, friends, parties, and mostly hard work.
photo from http://www.photographybymckenzie.com/Our three days in Utah consisted of:
*Making 2 trips to Cafe Rio (3 for The Pants) to eat this salad

*Enjoying Zach and Rach's beautiful sealing--not a dry eye in the house.
I couldn't help but feel so proud of my sister for all of the good choices
she's made in her life that allowed her to be sealed in the temple.

*Hitting 25 different stores looking for everything on Rach's "Loose Ends Checklist"
*Watching a thunderstorm as it crashed the lovely outdoor reception
(luckily there were tents with 12 foot lightning rods for the guests to take cover under)
*Watching the excitement of a wedding through the eyes of my little nieces and nephew


*Touring The Pants' old Provo haunts-while obeying BYU's honor code

*And by the time we knew it we were back on a plane heading home to get ready for the next reception in Oregon.
All of my siblings joined us, making it the first time we'd all been together in almost 10 years.
I'm not sure how my parents' townhouse fit all of us, but it magically did.
Since then my course of recuperation has been to sleep like a narcalept and eat like a fat kid.
Unfortunately neither have helped.
The good news is...they're married and happy.
I couldn't help but feel so proud of my sister for all of the good choices
she's made in her life that allowed her to be sealed in the temple.
*Hitting 25 different stores looking for everything on Rach's "Loose Ends Checklist"*Watching a thunderstorm as it crashed the lovely outdoor reception
(luckily there were tents with 12 foot lightning rods for the guests to take cover under)
All of my siblings joined us, making it the first time we'd all been together in almost 10 years.
I'm not sure how my parents' townhouse fit all of us, but it magically did.
Since then my course of recuperation has been to sleep like a narcalept and eat like a fat kid.
Unfortunately neither have helped.
The good news is...they're married and happy.
4 comments:
We're heading to Utah next week and all I can think about is Cafe Rio!
Tell Rachel congrats! You two are just so beautiful!
I'm glad you are back home so we can play. The wedding looked beautiful! Congrats to your sister.
R-
Your sis and her husband make such a cute couple! And I love the pic of you and all your sibs. You look gorgeous. And as far as Cafe Rio...I have a recipe for the pork salad that tastes just like it and I'm not even exaggerating. Yumness! Let me know if you ever want to make it. And have you heard from Jess lately? How old is her baby now?
Post a Comment